Pavo FoalMilk is an excellent replacement for mare’s milk, for orphan foals or foals whose mothers are not producing enough milk. Mare’s milk has a special composition with a high sugar content. Cow’s milk is very different from mare’s milk, which makes it less suitable for foals. Pavo FoalMilk is geared to the specific composition of mare’s milk and thus provides for the needs of orphan foals. Foals reared on Pavo FoalMilk develop normally and are a match for foals that are fed by mares.
- Complete mare’s milk replacement
- Specially formulated for horses
- Easy to use
- Do not prepare more milk than the foal needs for 12 hours.
- If you have to reheat the milk it is recommended to do it in a bain-marie because it prevents it from curdling.
- FoalMilk can also be reheated in the microwave
- We recommend re-heating the pre-prepared foal milk or keeping it warm "au bain marie".
- (The "au bain marie" method is heating above warm water. Take a large pan or bowl with a minimum content of 1 liter and place this in or above a larger pan with hot water. The "au bain marie" method prevents curdling or scorching of the milk).
- The foal milk can also be re-heated in a microwave.
Preperation (1 litre = 1000ml):
- Take a pan with a minimum capacity of 1 litre
- Put 300ml cold water in the pan
- Top this with 400ml boiling water. This gives you 700 ml of water with a temperature of ± 60°C.
- Add 1 (small) scoop (= 100 gram) Pavo Foalmilk poweder and stir until copletely dissolved.
- Add 300 ml cold water, stirring constantly. This gives you 1 litre of luke warm foalmilk (temperature around ± 40°C)
Pavo FoalMilk has a shelf life of 1 year.
Discover the best and the latest new products from Pavo in our Tuxe Life Equestrian Shop Online.